No products in the cart.
Bridgestone Americas has introduced a new line of long-haul tires into the Firestone Classics tire line.
The Firestone FS509 (steer radial), FD609 (drive radial), and FT409 (trailer radial) tires each build on a long legacy of dependable value by combining proven tread designs with Bridgestone-engineered casings to provide fleets with long-lasting treadwear and mileage, plus the additional benefits of casing durability and retreadability.
“The Firestone Classics product line gives our small and medium fleets access to premium, high quality and retreadable products from an iconic American brand at an affordable price point,” says Chris Tavares, executive director, Commercial Truck Group Marketing, Bridgestone Americas. “We are thrilled to be able to expand the Firestone Classics line of tires that deliver value for our customers and fleets without compromising on performance.”
The Firestone FS509, a steer radial, features the following innovations:
- Shoulder-wear protector to help minimize irregular wear at the shoulder ribs for long tread life
- Stress relief sipes to fight irregular wear along main ribs by absorbing rib edge stresses in the footprint
- Continuous shoulder rib for long, even wear and reduced rolling resistance
The Firestone FD609, a drive radial, features the following innovations:
- Solid shoulder rib to distribute weight and torque evenly to fight irregular wear
- Aggressive center lugs to help improve traction in wet or dry condition for the life of the tread
- Tie bars to control movement of center tread blocks to help minimize irregular wear, leading to longer original tread life
- Multiple gripping edges to provide biting edges that help promote wet traction
The Firestone FT 409, a trailer radial, features the following innovations:
- Straight, flow-through grooves to promote smooth rib-wear patterns and evacuate water effectively for solid wet traction
- Fuel efficient tread design, utilizing shallow trailer-style tread depth and five-rib design to provide long even wear on free-rolling axles while achieving low rolling resistance
All three Firestone Classics products feature an optimized belt package, providing durability and retreadability while delivering reduced weight for improved rolling resistance and improved payload, the company says. In addition, these products feature tough sidewall protection with thick ribs on both sidewalls, which fight curbing damage and help protect the casing.
Meanwhile, the FT409 trailer radial provides 17 percent improved rolling resistance when compared to its predecessor, delivering more value mile after mile. All three Firestone Classics products are backed by an industry-leading 90 Day Buy & Try Guarantee, the company adds.